Auditions for Youth Soloists to perform with The Channel Islands Chamber Orchestra 6th Annual Youth Concert January 2016
With the objective of connecting our youth to live performance of classical music, The Channel Islands Chamber Orchestra announces auditions for youth soloists to perform with the orchestra in its 6th Annual Youth Concert in January 2016. The auditions will be structured as follows:
- Applicant shall reside or attend school in Ventura County.
- Applicant shall be 21 years or younger on 15 January 2016 (note change in age limit).
- Applicant shall provide a reference recommending her or him for the auditions. The reference shall be a music teacher, music coach or other leader in the musical community.
- Applicants who performed with the orchestra at the Youth Concert in January 2015 are not eligible to audition again this year.
AUDITION SCHEDULE (revised):
- June 14th: Due date for submittal of application and CD or DVD recording
- Mid July: Finalists selected and announced
- Mid-September 2015: Finalists’ live audition
- October 2015: Final selections announced
Up to four of the participants in the live auditions will be selected to perform a movement of a concerto, an aria or art song or one or more other types/pieces of music appropriate for performance with a chamber orchestra. An application with a recording (CD or DVD) of the student performing a music selection will be submitted for the first round of auditions. The submitted recording should present a piece of music the student has ready now and is intended for performance with the orchestra. The application should list at least two additional pieces from which final selection* can be made by the Artistic Director. The live auditions will be held in mid-September 2015 at the First United Methodist Church, 1338 East Santa Clara Street, Ventura CA 93001. The Annual Youth Concert in January 2016 will be presented twice, once in Camarillo and once in Ventura.
Please submit application, a brief bio, the letter of recommendation and recording to:
Dr. KuanFen Liu, Artistic Director
Channel Islands Chamber Orchestra
2846 Golf Villa Way, Camarillo CA 93010
* Final selections will include considerations of rental availability and cost and suitability of the piece for performance with the orchestra. The auditions process and youth concert are subject to changes. For any questions or further information, contact Dr. Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider becoming a CHICO sponsor!
Summer in the Park
We are very excited to announce that the Camarillo Arts Council has invited CHICO to participate in Summer in The Parks on August 22 in Constitution Park. We are preparing a family-friendly program that includes Prokokiev’s Peter and The Wolf, Rossini’s William Tell Overture and other favorites. More details to be posted soon. Check here to check out the City of Camarillo’s Concert in the Park page.